HackUConn Spring 2018
Student Innovators Innovate around Sports & Gaming
Our third annual HackUConn event was bigger than ever! Over the course of the 24 Hour event, teams innovated and solved problems ranging from Sports Medicine to Gaming. In the end, about 20 teams presented their projects to a panel of judges and were judged based on criteria such as the idea's innovativeness and business model.
What is it? HackUConn is a 24-hour marathon event that aims to bring together young innovators and tech industry experts for a non-stop fast-paced invention competition. Students form groups at the start of the event and combine their technical skills with the resources we provide such as hacking supplies, 3D printers, laser cutters, and tech mentors to prototype ideas of value. The event is 100% free for all participants and funded by our generous sponsors. Throughout the competition, mini-events such as speakers and hacker workshops are organized and food and snacks are always free!
- 1st Place ($1500) - Team Squeezshin
- 2nd Place ($1000)- Team Stop Abuse
- 3rd Place ($500)- Team Insight
- Crowd Favorite - Team Playground
- Sponsor Pick (Google) - Team Stop Abuse
- Sponsor Pick (Mxers) - Team Squeezshin
- Organizers Pick (Best Team Name) - Team Squeezshin
- Best Hackathon Photo - Arun George
- Thank you to all participating teams!!
1st Place ($1500) - Team Squeezshin
2nd Place ($1000) - Team Stop Abuse
3rd Place ($500) - Team Insight
Crowd Favorite - Team Playground
Best Use of Machine Learning - Team Stop Abuse
Best Wearable Hack - Team Squeezshin
Best Social Media Photo - Arun George